X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First run of The Year January 03 2015 Camp Wood Mountains

First Run Of 2016 Camp Wood Mountains (Edited) Sunday, January 03, 2016 0900
    Hey everyone, the timing is perfect weather wise to make an epic journey through some of the toughest mud in Arizona! After we make it through the clay we will drop down into the canyon and then follow the rough road out to BAGDAD. This run can only be done when the area is wet...and the night time temps drop below freezing, just in case we get stuck too bad! For this run, most of the time LOCKERS are NOT your friend! The area is pretty remote, where most of the ranchers have air strips. This run will certainly sharpen your driving skills! As always, beautiful landscape!
    Since this is a long run we will be leaving Flagstaff at 0900. Usual Meeting Place in the dirt parking lot across from one of our Awesome Ssponsors, Planer Jeep (5190 N. Test Dr. Flagstaff AZ. 86004)
    We will be stopping along the route to have a little picnic style lunch, so make a sandwich and I will bring the Hot CoCo !
    So...Who is in?

Map to meeting Coordinates from the South 1100 we roll out
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pres...2429!3e0?hl=en

Map to meeting Coordinates from the North 1100
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/5190...2429!3e0?hl=en
    Last edited by JUDOKA; 12-31-2015, 10:42 AM.

Sounds like fun. When are you thinking of running it? If I'm available I'm in.

Comment

If I'm not working I'm game.

Comment

Well guys, I usually like to plan way ahead, but this run is kind of a spur of the moment run if we are going to get the most out of it. So....Is it crazy to think we can run this tomorrow, (Sunday12/13/2015) since it will be wet during the day, but will freeze tomorrow night if the mud gets too slick? We need a frost for certain. But I would like to hit the trail at Williamson Valley by 0800. Now this is seriously HARD CORE mud! It is also a long run.
        If enough people are in for tomorrow I will run it, if not we can set a different date.
        Last edited by JUDOKA; 12-12-2015, 10:29 AM.

Comment

So...Who is ready to run this ? Please let me know today. Thank you!

Comment

Too short of notice for me. I'm on call tomorrow. Maybe the next go around.

Comment

I can't make it. Thanks for the invite. FYI, I try to reply to the emails, but they bounce back.

Comment

Ok guys, lets set a date for this run. Post up your suggestions please. As you know, I have to do it on a SUNDAY

Comment

I'm in for the 3rd!

Comment

I am sure we will have others. This run is simply amazing!

Comment

I am thinking about going along on this run but I would have to meet you guys somewhere because I live in Mesa now. When I search for it on google maps it says it is a 3 1/2 hour drive to get there. That doesn't sound right. Can you give me an approximate time and meeting spot so we can meet? If the drive to get there isn't too long then you can count me in.

Comment

The best way for you to go is to head into Prescott and then take Williamson Valley Road north.

Comment

I am pretty excited about this run guys! It looks like we will have a good turn out! It looks like we will be meeting up with Jeep Driver and Prescott guys at Williamson Valley road where Camp Wood starts. I would think we can be there by 1100. I will try to post up a map if I can figure that out. Ha!
                          Last edited by JUDOKA; 12-31-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Here is the meeting place for the guys from the South. Directions from Prescott Valley Open the link and print if you like or put the coordinates in your GPS

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pres...2429!3e0?hl=en

This link if for the guys from the North. I will be Meeting the group from the North at Planet Jeep.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/5190...2429!3e0?hl=en
                            Last edited by JUDOKA; 12-31-2015, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the directions see you there.

Comment

Working...
                              X