X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Canyon, aka Smiley Rock run?

OK, several people have been asking me about a run through Martin Canyon to see Smiley Rock. I got the lift finished on the Rubicon this weekend and the alignment was done today, so I'd be up for a run in the next few weeks. The trail is not difficult at all compared to many in AZ, but it would be a good chance to check the Jeep for any creaks and squeaks. A stock Jeep shouldn't have any trouble with some careful tire placement. Post up if you're interested in going. I wanted to wait until this time of year, as the road in from Jerome via Perkinsville Rd can be long and dusty when it's too dry. A little moisture makes the trail more fun also.

So set a date! I may jump in on this one too!

Comment

Saturday the 21st would possibly work. Hopefully we get a little more moisture between now and then.

Comment

I have some folks interested in that date, so lets tentatively plan it for the 21st. There will be some people coming up from the valley to run with us also.
        It looks like about 1.5 hours to Jerome, and then another 25 minutes or so to the actual trail head. We should plan on leaving from Planet around 6am.
        Post up if you're going.

Comment

I'm glad some moisture got here...the trail should be amazing!
          It looks like we may have a pretty good crowd on this run. I'll probably set-up an alternate meeting spot for those who don't need to meet us at Planet Jeep. Stay tuned...

Comment

I will be there. I will be driving up from Mesa so I need to know where to meet.

Comment

Originally posted by jeep driver View Post
              I will be there. I will be driving up from Mesa so I need to know where to meet.
              If you're driving from Mesa, it'll be way easier for you to meet us in Jerome. We'll be at the lot behind the fire station at 8am.

Comment

I'm in for this run for sure. Plus a friend wants to do it too.

Comment

Originally posted by btrashmanjames View Post
                  I'm in for this run for sure. Plus a friend wants to do it too.
                  Sounds good. It's going to be an amazing trip!

Comment

Going to have to pass on this one something came up and I will not be able to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeep driver View Post
                      Going to have to pass on this one something came up and I will not be able to make it.
                      Sorry you won't make it. We'll definitely be doing this one again soon since we had so much interest..

Comment

Tommorow is the run. I'll be at Planet Jeep at 6am and will leave there right at 6:15. If you miss the caravan or just want to drive down yourself, we'll meet the rest of the Jeeps at the fire station in Jerome. There's a lot around back.

Comment

Fun times today...awesome trail and great company. Thanks to all that made it!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X